21 March 2010

Detour: LV

I have a dilemma. I am considering an investment. And no, its not a term deposit or anything that substantial. altho, I might do that this year. things to do in 2010. you know, saving untuk kawin. woot woot. I still want that GBP 9k Tiffany & Co Legacy Engagement Ring. but, Can't I buy it for myself? I feel it's evil to ask my future husband to get it for me. (I'm kidding!)


Anyway, enough of that nonsense, the investment that I am talking about is on my next handbag. Yes, I don't just buy designer bags on impulse, okay? I think about it, I think real hard, even too hard (apparently), weigh the pros and cons. Just like traditional investments. It needs to be analysed, what potential benefit will I get, what are the opportunity costs if I choose this investment (in this case, a handbag) and not the other. Just like buying a car. OMG, don't get me started about buying cars. let's save that for another day. *stress* Anyway, bags. The last thing I want is to have, why-did-i-buy-this-bag moment. cannot have regrets.


I always thought my first bag (after i work) would be a Prada or a Chanel flap bag. But, let's face it, I don't want to bid farewell $4000 of my hard-earned moolah in the first few months just for a chanel!! not yet. So, I have decided (yes yes dgr saja tia cerita ku ani), to start my handbag portfolio in peringkat (phases or levels, whatever you think makes sense). Instead of going full out on a bag, like a $4000 bag! I am gonna start based on the handbag's price in ascending order. So, for example, for now it will just be $500 on a bag, then next time maybe $750, then the next time $1000 etc etc. So by the time i am 40, I might be considering the gazillion dollars 35cm Crocodile skin Birkin. (Lol!). Dui, By then they will have something like, Hermes Gisele or Hermes Heidi or sumthing. No harm in wishful thinking, you may never know, it might come true. Like how every second, I imagine there is a red hot Ferrari in my garage. No harm. no harm at all. *cuckoo~*


Anyway, sekalinya kan, I am considering a Neverfull in Monogram (not planning to get the Damier -checkered- one, it is more modern, but a handful of people have it).

fine Fine FINE! I know every person has Neverfull, I know you can get the immitation at any expo in Brunei at one tenth of the price, I know there are better bags with that price! But it's a classic! I can wear it forever. I can put my files for meeting, I can put my mini laptop if i want to, I can use it for travelling and Heck, I can use it to put milk bottle and pampers for my anak nanti! ANd I am buying it not because I 'feel' like it, it's celebrating another chapter of my life. I need to start somewhere, no? You should be surprised why i did not get it when I was in UK last year, that is because, I spend most (if not all) of my savings to travel around Europe! Let's just say, it was equivalent to several neverfull. But never regret a single second. :D

So yeah, that's what is in my head right now. Pretty useless come to think about it. But everyone has their selfish moments. :P Let see what happens. :)

PS: Owh, In case u misunderstood me, I don't crap money (as Chandler Bing said). Fully aware that $ doesn't come easy. Duh, thats why I have this website in the first place. Daddy always tell me, credit are only for emergencies. Not on materialistic wants. so, I save. then spend for materialistic stuff. If I can't save, I dont get. not spend then pay. :D Am I a good daughter or what? :P

HUGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment