20 November 2010

Deadlines


Hi guys.

Like any working middle class person, deadlines are very common in our life. Well, FOR ME!Be it for work, be it sewing beads for customers, personal or family matters (mum - "lai, sudah kau buatkan borang mama" or with dad - "apanya orang workshop? spare part cemana? ada sudah? ada kau betanya di ejen").

Ahh. Dead.lines. If you don't do it, you will die! DIE! Anyway, I have a deadline due this monday. Minutes of meeting. Not a big fan, trying to string a sentence and sounding prefessional. Ish. But, anyway, I think I am on track. Then, I got curious. Am I doing it effectively?

This is what I found:

1. Set Expectations

Underpromise and Overdeliver! Owh yeah, if there's one thing that I learn after almost one year of working it's to underpromise and overdeliver. I mean it is true, why promise something before it is done. You don't really know what's gonna happen, right? So, let me see, i set the deadline to Monday. I should get it done by today right? =S

2. Prioritise Your Work


I think if I will prioritise better with a chopard on my wrist. Or maybe I should prioritise my work and make chopard as my motivation. Yes? No?

I think I have a problem with this. I want to do everything at the same time. This just basically mean, do one thing at a time. step by step. If a work is overwhelming, split it in small easy tasks, and your job will be done in no time. In fact, start with the tasks that you find the easiest. Never be overwhelmed by work. That just shows that you have bitten more than you can chew. big NO NO!

3. Keep Track of Dates and Occasions



It helps you to be on top of things. Sometimes, personal time clashes with work schedule and you don't even realise it, until, in my case, mum calls. =S So by having Smythson of Bond Street Leather Organiser and an iPhone 4 with a bright pink casing, this issue can be sorted. (HAHA. Fine, i just want these two things. They're so pretty)

4. Analysing your accomplishments everyday

Well, I dont really do this. How do you do it anyway. Altho, I always note down the mistakes that I have done on post-its, so i won't do it again. Altho I dont knw where they are, now. Heh. I love love love love post its. I think I cannot live without post its. It's in different size, shape and colour! Other than it's practicality, it gives colour to your boring working desks! more like a decoration!

(Made from post-its! how awesome is that!)


5. Try to work just 5 days a week

I agree! Because if I think that I can do work on fridays or sundays, I will start procrastinate! And, lambat lagi siap.

Btw, I am blogging now not because I am procrastinating. It's lunch time. And I had breakfast. Trying to shed the pounds!

Peace out. Deadlines. hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment