05 October 2012

Our afternoon at Aquaventure Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai

We were such a noob. We got so excited when we saw this building. We finally get to see  Atlantis. HAHA!


My husband and I were there on an afternoon in the first week of September 2012. During our trip there, the weather was around 37-39 degrees celcius. Very very hot. OMG. 

After all the fun fun fun rides, it was time to go home. 
To our surprise, the weather was perfect for an afternoon at Aquaventure. The rides were fun! I miss those doughnut floats. Gosh, I remembered being so confident and took the single ring floats and got freaked out after getting separated from my husband. And, it was only the river ride! HAHA! 


We got a bit lost with the signs at first. (where do we get our towels? our float thingies? Thank god for the helpful lifeguards!)
So, after a halfway (horrifying) trip along the (supposedly)relaxing river ride, we swap to a 'double ring' floats. And, the rest of the day was one of the funnest afternoon of my life. I want to go there again! Owh, and looking back I didn't know why I was freaking out with the river ride, it was only 1-3 feet deep. 

This was the river that we always go through in the end of all the wear slides. And, yes, the same one that got me panicking for nothing! Good times. 
Since we only reached Aquaventure around 3.45pm (due to scorching hot weather), we rode on most of the rides except for ...get this... THE LEAP OF FAITH! It was closed by the time we were there! 

 I guess it gives us another reason to comeback to Dubai. Also, one thing I learn about Dubai, if you have the $$$ you are good to go. You have to pay for everything!

A few tips that we learn from our Aquaventure:
1. If you wear specs, use contact lenses. There's a very helpful optics (specs) shop just by the entrance. Husband got a free pair for the day! 
2. Bring your own towel (cause you need to pay for it)
3. Leave flip-flops in the locker. Less hassle.
4. Share a locker with your spouse/friends or family
5. If you are tight with time, 3-4 hours is enough. We were only there for 2 hours and went on all of the rides except for Leap of Faith. 

I loved and enjoyed every minute of it! Have you been here? I wonder how different is the Bahamas one. 

Hugs Kisses

Rai

No comments:

Post a Comment