31 December 2012

Emerald 2013 Colour of the Year

Pantone has released its Colour of the Year for 2013. One word, FABULOUS! Love it. love it. love it.

Pantone® 17-5641 Emerald, a lively, radiant, lush green, will the colour of the year 2013, according to the world’s leading provider of professional color standards.

Being a taurean myself, I might be bias towards Emerald (compared to Sapphire and Ruby), but I am very happy that Pantone finally based the Colour of the Year from a precious gemstone! I especially like their explanation and the defining mood of a particular period of history as shown by the ideas and beliefs of the time. 


"Symbolically, Emerald brings rejuvenation, which is so important in today's complex world. This powerful and universally-appealing tone translates easily to both fashion and home interiors."

Strong bold colours are always a head turner. The trick is to keep the design simple and play with texture. 
  

Speaking of Emerald, I am currently working on a long dress with this Emerald colour Italian lace below. A gift from the husband. I can't wait to work on this! Calling it 'Project Emerald'.


Emerald also reminds me of our trip to Amalfi in September this year. Amalfi being a coastal regions, consists of the loveliest sceneries I have ever seen, eerie caves, bluest water in the world. And one cave that came into my mind was Grotto di Smeraldo (Emerald Cave) at Conca die Marini. Just look at the water! Sorry, we didn't really get to take a proper picture of the cave. Just the water, since we were too distracted by the cave. 


Hugs Kisses. Rai.

No comments:

Post a Comment